Brown Advisory relies on the wisdom and judgment of its Board of Trustees for long-term guidance and policy. Our directors have distinguished themselves both in the business world and in community service.
Brown Advisory Funds
Joseph R. Hardiman
- Board Member: University System of Maryland Baltimore Foundation, Outward Bound Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Center, Coalition for the Preservation of the Barrier Islands (Florida), Lyme’s Disease Research Foundation, Vann’s Inc.
- Former President and Chief Executive Officer, NASDAQ Stock Market and NASD (now FINRA)
Michael D. Hankin
- President & CEO, Brown Advisory Incorporated
- Chairman, Baltimore Waterfront Partnership and Management Authority
- Chairman of the Board of Managers, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Trustee and Vice Chairman, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Trustee, The Johns Hopkins University, Chesapeake Conservancy and the Center for Large Landscape Conservation
- President, Land Preservation Trust
- Director, National Steeplechase Association
- Board of Directors, Stanley Black and Decker, Inc., Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. and The Wills Group, Inc.
Henry H. Hopkins
- Former Chief Legal Counsel, Vice President and Director, T. Rowe Price Group
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, Maryland, Baltimore City and American Bar Associations
- Former Member, Board of Governors and Chairman of the Board, Investment Adviser Association
- Former Chairman of the Board, Chairman of Underwriting Committee and Member of Executive Committee, ICI Mutual Insurance Company
- Former Chairman, ICI’s State Liaison Committee and SEC Rules Committee
- Former Member, Board of the Maryland Business for Responsive Government
- Former Director, Maryland Securities Association and T. Rowe Price Trust Company
- Former Chair, Maryland Bar Association’s Committee on Corporate General Counsels
- Director, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Legg Mason Capital Management
- Member, Board of Directors and Investment Committee, OMAM, Inc., Johns Hopkins Medicine and the University System of Maryland Foundation
- Global Compliance Officer, Cigna Corporation
- Former Founder and President, The Saranac Group, LLC
- Former Member, Board of Regents, Georgetown University
- Former Member, Board of Visitors, Georgetown University Law Center
- Former Co-Chair, Advisory Board, Georgetown University Corporate Counsel
- Former Executive Vice Chairman, General Counsel and Secretary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
- Former Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the MCI Group.
- Trustee, Walters Art Museum
Neil Triplett, CFA
- President, DUMAC, Inc.
- Investment Advisory Committee, North Carolina Department of State Treasurer